Friday, January 20, 2012

Logical thinking - Interview

The other day, I was interviewing a couple of people to grant them admission to CDAC's course. I wanted to test their logical thinking and here is a question I asked one person. Question: If 50% of the people who watched IPL last year on television were under twenty years of age, what would have been the percentage of people aged more than 50? I didn't really need an answer. I only wanted to see their thought process. Here is what I expect, Attempt 1 - Around 30%, because people aged more than 60 in India tend to be retired, and hence have more free time, their percentage should definitely be more than people aged between 20 -50, who wouldn't have much spare time,... Attempt 2 - Around 20%, because they might be less interested in the IPL kind of cricket! Moral 1 - The answer doesn't matter, what matters is how one thinks. Moral 2 - It easy being smart while sitting on the right side of the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment