Friday, December 16, 2011

Some of my Django errors I faced and solved

This post is practically written for my sake alone - so that I'll know what to do later, if I face the same issues again.

Well here I go,

  • "django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading psycopg2 module: No module named psycopg2":  In django 1.3.1 settings.py file, if the database backed for Postgresql is simply given as 'postgresql' instead of postgresql_psycopg2, django simple gives the error as psycopg module not found. 

  • "django error no module named messages": If you install Ubuntu 10.04's django version, well I have to confess that i never updated, it was a fresh vm, and straightway run your django app, it throws this. Download and install the latest django version. Solved.

  • "django psycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user": Another classy misleading error. Just add 'localhost' in settings.py HOST, even though the helpful comment asks you to just leave it empty.

I LOVE DJANGO!!! This post is just to help another poor soul like me hunting in google and stackoverflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment